On a day-to-day basis, your tasks will include:
- Executing modular website builds
- Working with our development team to plan and launch websites
- Working with our team to maintain our existing websites
You’re a web developer with a few years of experience in a similar role. You’re efficient at creating powerful, flexible web builds from concept to completion, and you’re comfortable communicating with our diverse portfolio of clients. You’ll be responsible for implementing new features and integrations as well as supporting our existing functionality.
- You have a track record of building responsive websites
- You have an understanding of modern development standards
- You have an understanding of REST API
- You have experience working with WordPress
- You have cross-browser and device testing experience
- Experience with current accessibility practices (WCAG/ADA)
- Experience with eCommerce platforms (Shopify)
- Experience with modern web strategies (Headless CMS, Jam Stack, etc.)
- Experience with social media APIs
- Experience with legacy libraries like jQuery, Foundation, etc.
- Understanding of SEO/SEM and digital marketing
- You like people and people like you (i.e. you’re not an a-hole)
- You’re team-oriented, willing to learn, can multitask and prioritize deliverables
- Western time zone location is helpful though not mandatory
- You’re comfortable working remotely and building relationships this way
- You can work independently and manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- You have good time estimating skills
Wallop is building a team to become the world’s leading digital agency for experiential travel, unique properties, and one-of-a-kind hospitality brands.
We’ll pay you a good salary that’s commensurate with your experience. We provide a flexible schedule, extended health, dental, optional safely-distanced office in Vancouver (with snacks and coffee), a learning stipend, extended time-off during the holidays, and a great physical or digital work environment.
As Wallop has moved to remote-working, applicants do not need to be local to our Vancouver office but do need to be able to work a schedule that overlaps with our core hours (9am–5:30pm PST).
Sound like you? You should apply!
Please provide a cover letter with 3 projects you’ve worked on recently that you’re proud of (including your role).