Wallop is looking for a Project Manager to lead projects and manage key accounts under the guidance of the Director of Client Engagement. This is a temporary 12-month role to cover maternity leave.
In addition to managing key projects, the Project Manager will develop client relationships, grow accounts, and identity opportunities with existing clients.
The Project Manager will serve as the primary contact between our key clients and team, responsible for ensuring the projects run smoothly, on time, and on budget. It’s critical that you have excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. You should be comfortable leading calls with decision-makers and senior managers, and talking about budgets.
We’re building a team to become the world’s leading digital agency for experiential travel, unique properties, and one-of-a-kind hospitality brands. So this is a good landing place if you have a passion for travel. Ideally you would have a desire to develop expertise around the niche we operate in. You’ll work with some of the most unique luxury travel products and destinations in the world. Your job will be to deliver digital services that bring these experiences to life.
As Wallop has moved to remote-working, applicants do not need to be local to our Vancouver office but do need to be able to work a schedule that overlaps with our core hours (9am–5:30pm PST).
You’re a skilled, well-rounded Project Manager with 2+ years of project management experience or relevant experience to the role. You have solid experience managing a portfolio of key clients and acting as a central point of contact with the organization.
On a day-to-day basis the Project Manager will:
- Collaborate with our production and digital marketing teams to define and monitor scope, gather requirements, plan activities, perform resourcing and scheduling, and track budgets for client projects
- Communicate project and account status with the Director of Client Engagement, identify potential roadblocks or friction points, and propose solutions
- Act as the primary point of contact for high-priority internal initiatives
- Act as the primary point of contact for project management and communication platforms
- Review internal processes and propose efficiencies
- Build trusting relationships with our clients
Skills & Experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to manage expectations and solve problems on your feet
- Ability to manage budgets, timelines, risk, and expectations within digital projects
- Proactive thinking: you are always one step ahead of the client and their needs
- Skilled negotiator, particularly in terms of proposals and estimates with clients
- Ability to provide feedback to colleagues in a clear and constructive manner
- Conflict resolution
- High attention to detail
- Experienced and confident in leading and organising pitches
- Have an experienced understanding of revenue and profit analysis
- Extremely organized
- People like you, and you’re not an a-hole
- You can read a room or situation and lead with empathy and understanding
- Team-oriented, able to multitask and prioritize your deliverables, and willing to learn
- Outgoing and can easily develop relationships that go beyond “talking shop”
- Can easily adapt to different situations and requests
- Has the confidence and experience to reset a project when it may be going off track or off scope
Bonus points for:
- Bilingual – English & French/Spanish
- Experience working in an agency environment
- Experience using WordPress
- Experiencing managing digital marketing accounts or projects
- A background or education focused on project management
- Experience using Forecast or other similar project management software
- Active member of Project Management groups such as Meetup groups