We’re looking for a Junior Project Manager.
Wallop is building the team to become the world’s leading digital agency for experiential travel, unique properties, and one-of-a-kind hospitality brands. We’re an empathetic yet results-driven group of high achievers with a passion for our clients.
As Wallop has moved to remote-working, applicants do not need to be local to our Vancouver office but do need to be able to work a schedule that overlaps with our core hours (9am–5:30pm PST).
The Junior Project Manager will help us run our projects more efficiently. Consequently, it’s important that you can execute administrative tasks with a high degree of competence, can work independently, and have experience working in an office environment.
You’re a skilled, well-rounded project coordinator with a few years of experience managing a portfolio of clients and developing comprehensive project plans.
On a day-to-day basis your tasks will include:
- Managing website maintenance tickets. This includes resourcing, information gathering, testing, verification, and client communication
- Developing estimates for website updates
- Ensuring on-time delivery of work; flagging with the project management team when projects or tasks are going out of scope
- Managing website projects, from project setup through to resourcing and delivery
- Contributing to the development of websites through content entry, asset reviews and entry, and testing
- Supporting the Project Management team internal tasks, such as timeline creation, timesheet reviews and invoicing
- Auditing client meetings, following which you will communicate and coordinate action items among your colleagues internally and clients externally.
- Establishing and supporting positive relationships with internal teams and clients.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to read a situation and understand when to go above and beyond for a key client
- Ability to manage deadlines and meticulous about following up with the internal team and clients
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency with business documents and spreadsheets
- Ability to multitask
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Better than average note-taking skills
- Ability to manage expectations and solve problems on your feet
- Ability to manage budgets, timelines, risk, and expectations within digital projects
- Ability to think of options and alternatives when we cannot meet a deadline.
- Must be team-oriented, able to multitask and prioritize your deliverables, and willing to learn.
- Experience using GSuite (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc)
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in an agency environment
- Experience using WordPress
- A Project Management background or education focused on Project Management
- Experienced using Forecast or other similar Project Management software
- People like you, and you’re not an a-hole
- Must be team-oriented, able to multitask and prioritize your deliverables, and willing to learn
- You are extremely organized
- Outgoing and can easily develop relationships
- Can easily adapt to different situations and requests
We’ll pay you a good salary that’s commensurate with your experience. We provide a flexible schedule, extended health, dental, health spending account, snacks, coffee, a learning stipend, and a great work environment.
Please note as we are currently all working remotely we are open to people applying outside of the Vancouver area who are in a PST timezone.