We’re looking for an experienced Frontend Web Developer.
Wallop is building the team to become the world’s leading digital agency for experiential travel, unique properties, and one-of-a-kind hospitality brands. We’re an empathetic yet results-driven group of high achievers with a passion for our clients.
As Wallop has moved to remote-working, applicants do not need to be local to our Vancouver office but do need to be able to work a schedule that overlaps with our core hours (9am–5:30pm PST).
At Wallop, we place less focus on selling off-the-shelf products and more emphasis on building tailored solutions that take into account the nuances of each client organization. We are big on measurement and changing course to address new opportunities or trends in the marketplace.
On a day-to-day basis, your tasks will include:
- Direct involvement in executing modular website builds
- Taking part in project planning and status meetings
- Working with our Project Managers to develop estimates and timelines
- Facilitating CMS training support for our clients
- Working collaboratively with our marketers, designers, and project managers to maintain updates to our legacy websites
- Proactively recommending new ideas and sharing expertise with the team
- Developing industry-specific expertise to share relevant recommendations for our clients
You’re a frontend web developer with at least two years of experience in a similar role. You’re efficient at coding web builds from concept to completion, and you’re comfortable communicating with our diverse portfolio of clients.
You don’t have to have every qualification from the list below, but these are the tools our team uses on a regular basis. This should give a good idea of the level of experience required:
- You have practical knowledge of current full-stack standards
- You have a track record of building responsive websites and an advanced understanding of modular web builds and practices
- You have experience overseeing the launch and migration of websites
- You have experience working with WordPress
- You’re comfortable working in a GIT-centric workflow
- Basic understanding of navigating the command line
- Knowledge of CLI tools (Yarn, WebPack, Babel, etc.)
- Basic understanding of design tools (Sketch, Figma)
- Basic understanding of current accessibility practices (WCAG and ADA)
- Local server environment setup (MAMP)
- Cross-browser and device testing experience
- You like people and people like you (i.e. you’re not an a-hole)
- You’re team-oriented, willing to learn, can multitask and prioritize deliverables
- Western time zone location is helpful though not mandatory
- You’re comfortable working remotely and building relationships this way
- You can work independently and manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- You have good time estimating skills
- Understanding of SEO/SEM and digital marketing
- Experience with eCommerce platforms (Shopify)
- PHP template engine experience (Twig)
- PHP dependency manager experience (Composer)
- Experience working with social media APIs
- Experience with legacy libraries like jQuery, Foundation, etc.
- Blog and think piece writing
We’ll pay you a good salary that’s commensurate with your experience. We provide a flexible schedule, extended health, dental, optional safely-distanced office in Vancouver (with snacks and coffee), a learning stipend, extended time-off during the holidays, and a great physical or digital work environment.
Sound like you? You should apply! Please provide a cover letter with 3 projects you’ve worked on recently that you’re proud of (including your role).