We’re on the prowl for a Digital Marketing Strategist.
Wallop is building the team to become the world’s leading digital agency for experiential travel, unique properties, and one-of-a-kind hospitality brands. We’re an empathetic yet results-driven group of high achievers with a passion for our clients.
As Wallop has moved to remote-working, applicants do not need to be local to our Vancouver office, but do need to be able to work a schedule that overlaps with our 9am – 5:30-pm PST core hours. We are also open to applicants both on a full-time and part-time basis.
Our strategists embody a breadth and depth of skills which enable us to define and implement comprehensive marketing strategies for our clients. Consequently, it’s important that you have solid SEO experience (with a strong knowledge of technical SEO), and know the fundamentals of paid advertising (search, display, social, video), CRO and tracking (Google Tag Manager specifically).
At Wallop, we place less focus on selling off-the-shelf products and more emphasis on building tailored solutions that take into account the nuances of each client organization. We are big on measurement and changing course to address new opportunities or trends in the marketplace.
On a day-to-day basis, your tasks will include:
- running strategy sessions or client calls
- monitoring and optimizing your client’s organic performance
- implementing cutting-edge paid advertising campaigns
- setting up website tracking
- working collaboratively with our developers, designers and project managers to create stunning websites and digital experiences
- developing industry specific expertise to share relevant recommendations to clients.
You’re a skilled, well-rounded digital marketing pro with a few years of experience managing a portfolio of clients and developing comprehensive multi-channel marketing strategies
Skills & Experience
- You have a solid understanding of SEO. You have experience building multi-faceted SEO strategies that deliver continuous growth in traffic and conversions
- You have experience with technical, on/off page and local SEO and understand the effect of content of organic rankings
- You have a strong understanding of search engine algorithms
- You have experience overseeing the technical implementation and migration of websites from an SEO perspective
- You have experience working with developers to identify and resolve technical SEO errors
- You know your way around Google Analytics. You love to crunch data, can make sense of it, act on it, and present it to clients in a way that is clear and concise
- You are familiar with Google Tag Manager and comfortable with cross domain and e-commerce tracking
- You are confident in managing, presenting, and reporting to clients.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience setting up and running A/B and multivariate testing
- Google certifications (Analytics, Google Ads Search/Display/Mobile, etc.)
- Experience with advertising on hospitality industry specific platforms such as Google Hotel Ads, TripAdvisor and OTAs (Expedia, Booking.com)
- Experience with industry specific technology (SynXis, TravelClick, Revinate, TripTease, HotelChamp, The Hotels Network etc.)
- Additional language skills (ideally French or Spanish) and experience with multilingual SEO
- Account or project management experience
- Organic social media experience
- Blog and think piece writing.
- Owning an adorable pet to show-off during team calls
- You like people and people like you (i.e. you’re not an a-hole)
- You’re team oriented, willing to learn, can multitask and prioritize deliverables
- Western time zone location is helpful though not mandatory
- You’re comfortable working remotely and building relationships this way
We’ll pay you a good salary that’s commensurate with your experience. We provide a flexible schedule, extended health, dental, an optional safely distanced office in Vancouver with snacks and coffee, a learning stipend, extended time-off during the holidays and a great physical or digital work environment.
Sound like you? You should apply!